Today I’m going to give all the steps I take to make my rather damaged and frizzy naturally curly hair look smooth and healthy. Making damaged frizzy hair look smooth and healthy at home is totally possible! Even after all the garbage, I do to my hair, my stylist is always surprised it’s still attached to my head lol. These are my easy tips on how to make damaged frizzy Hair look smooth and healthy at home.
How to Make Damaged Frizzy Hair look Smooth and Healthy At Home
The Right Tools To Smoother Frizzy Hair
Choosing a blowdryer for curly and frizzy hair needs power. I stick to professional blow dryers. You want at least 1875 watts. Mine has 2000 watts and you have to be more careful with that one. You can go with fewer watts if your hair is straight. A good blowdryer would have a removable lint screen. You need to get in there to clean it out and prevent overheating. It will greatly extend the life of your blower if you clean it out after every other use.
HSI Dryonizer 5500 Review
I recently tried out the HSI Dryonizer 5500 from HSI Professional. This is a great blow dryer. Not only is it beautiful, but you have a removable vent.
Ionic Ceramic 1875w Motor
HeatBalance Infrared Technology
CoolShot Cold Air Burst
Dual Voltage 110-220v
The HSI Dryonizer 5500 professional hairstyling blow dryer features a 1875 watt ionic ceramic turbo motor with HeatBalance® technology that produces consistent heat and air pressure, locking in moisture as it breaks down water molecules 40% quicker.
With dual motor speeds, three heat settings, and two airflow nozzles, you’ll have the flexibility needed for quick drying to more intense styling.
Even with a powerful engine, the Dryonizer is still lightweight, easy to handle and super quiet.
Dryonizer 5500 blow dryer
2 x Airflow Nozzles
HSI Style Guide
Free Bonus: 5ml Argan Oil Leave-In Treatment
My Review of the HSI Dryonizer 5500:
It’s actually quiet! Way different than my previous hairdryer. It was easier to get my kittens dry after a bath. That’s a huge win! It feels heavy and much more expensive. I love the matte black finish and the gold detail. Tip stayed put throughout styling. The hook is super convenient for hanging up in the bathroom. Since it’s a pretty hairdryer no shame in leaving it out on the wall.
Get yours here!
How To Blow Dry Frizzy Hair
- You need to separate hair into smaller sections and clip the rest of the hair out of the way. This is very important. I’ve been to many stylists that are PROFESSIONALS and do not do this. It always takes longer or they get tired and pretend they are done, maybe only doing the very top well. Make sure this is being done. Unless their hair is fine and straight you have to clip it! (fight your stylist!)
- Then you’re going to need a concentrator tip. Put that baby on.
- Take your round brush and use it to pull the hair taut while SLOWLY blow drying hair top to bottom. Going slow is key to blow drying. If you go fast it will stay frizzy. At the same time, if you stay too long on any spot, it will burn. I find it safest to go slowly but never stop moving.
Products To Smooth Frizzy Hair
- Styling Lotion – for curly hair I love a styling lotion with Dimethicone Copolyol. This is a water-soluble silicone / Dimethicone that is easier to wash out and won’t leave build up on your hair. Try THIS one.
- Heat Protectant – good for stronger straight or thick hair. Argan Oil Heat Protectant for Hair
- Leave-In Treatment – for straight or thick hair you can use the Argan Oil Leave-In Hair Treatment. For fine or curly hair try this one HERE.
What Are Your Tips To Fight Frizzy Hair?
Get to the comments and let me know your favorite frizzy fighters! Let us know how you make damaged frizzy hair look smooth. Share products and styling tips.